Food & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 30 November 2014

How to overcome winter blues

When I think of winter, I think of shorter days, dark gloomy skies and dreary mornings. My mind is flooded with images of never-ending rain, bitter cold, whistling winds, pale skin, bright blue veins, layered clothing, thick woollen socks, colds and flu, dull faces and early nights.

However, I have realised that perhaps winter isn't so bad after all. Although summer is undoubtedly my favourite season, winter is a good excuse to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows at any time throughout the day, curl up with a hot water bottle, go shopping for cashmere sweaters, admire the Christmas light displays, smell the roasted chestnuts along Oxford Street, go ice-skating, drink from Starbucks' seasonal red cups, visit Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and indulge in candy canes and gingerbread men!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig