Food & Lifestyle Blog

Monday 1 June 2015

Ethos Foods







Last week I checked out the new vegetarian restaurant that everyone has been raving about: Ethos Foods. With a prime location on Eastcastle Street near Oxford Circus, Ethos offers abundant displays of healthy, eclectic, meat-free dishes from around the globe. 

My favourite thing about Ethos is that you don’t have to choose between dishes on the menu as you can try a bit of everything (which I did!), since it’s a self-service buffet. The combination of flavours, colours and textures is remarkable - the foods range from vibrant salads based on lentils/quinoa/brown rice, to sweet potato wedges to giant bowls of guacamole, babaganoush and hummus. I particularly liked the "antioxidant dream salad"  with mango vinaigrette, the roast cauliflower with tahini dressing and cranberries, and the Moroccan tagine with chickpeas and apricots.

All of the desserts looked amazing and I couldn't decide between the gluten-free black bean brownie and the mini "peanut butter bombs" rolled in dessicated coconut - so I had both of course! Both were absolutely delicious and I can't wait to try the other desserts next time, such as pecan pie, cherry chocolate kugelhof, raw banana and coconut slice, and power puff energy balls.

I adored the décor which made the space feel bright and open, with white brick walls, sleek marble-topped tables, glass pendant lights and silver birch tree trunks from the floor to the ceiling in the middle of the room!

Ethos opens early in the day with a short breakfast menu (avocado on toast, granola, porridge, fruit salad) and then rolls on through to lunch and dinner. I think it’s a great spot for lunch (for all those shoppers that have worked up an appetite) as well as dinner - perfect if you've just finished work in town. Ethos operates on a Pay by Weight system so the pricing is flexible and my meal cost £10 for a plate piled high with delicious food. 

If you haven't already been, you should definitely check it out!




Share:

4 comments

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    Pendant Lights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us.
    Omega juicer

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing... Bukit Timah Expressway Near to UED Condo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. Avenue South Residence Silat Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig